Host Family Qualifications & Responsibilities
All SDCH International students are here to improve their English language skills, therefore, English must be the primary language spoken in all SDCH host family homes.
- Host family must be willing to engage in conversations with the student as much as possible.
- Student must have their own bed in a bedroom. The student can share the room with a teenager of the same gender, but cannot share a bed. Sharing a room with adults or small children is forbidden.
- Student must have access to free laundry and bath facilities.
- Family must provide three meals per day.
- Home must be clean and located in a safe neighborhood.
- Host families must be located in Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Solana Beach, Vista, San Marcos or Escondido.
- Host families are allowed to host 1 Spanish student and/or 1 or 2 Chinese students at a time, if space allows.