Application Procedure for individual students
Wishing to join one of our existing summer programs
- To learn about the surfing program, please email for prices and space availability.
- If we have openings, fill out the Online Student Application or download and print the Homestay Application Form and Student Rules. Complete the application form and send by email with a clear photograph of yourself. (If you are enrolling through an International Partner, please follow their instructions)
- Upon receipt and acceptance of your completed application, payment details will be given. Once your deposit has been received, you will become part of the group. We allow our host families to choose their student, based upon common interests. Once you have been chosen, host information will be sent to you so you may begin to correspond with your new family long before your homestay program begins. Individual students are usually chosen quickly.
- Send flight details as soon as possible, so we can schedule your airport transfers.
- Secure all neccesary documents such as your passport, and any required visas. Also check on immunization requirements. Your travel agent or the US Embassy or Consulate can help you with this.
- You must also purchase travel accident/injury insurance, valid in the USA.
Airport transfers through San Diego are included in your program price.
Application Procedure for Total Immersion Students
Wishing to stay with a host family independently
- If you would like to participate in a homestay (full board with a host family, without a program), please fill out the Online Student Application or download and print the Homestay Application Form and Student Rules.
- Please complete the application form and send by email with a recent close and clear photograph of yourself (passport photo or equivalent).
- Upon receipt and acceptance of your application, prices and payment details will be sent.
- Once your deposit has been received, we will begin the host family screening process. When we have found your host family, information will be sent to you so you may begin to correspond with your new family before your homestay begins.
- You will be responsible for making your own flight and insurance arrangements, getting your passport, and any required visas. Your travel agent can help you with insurance, visa and immunization requirements. You may also contact the US Embassy or Consulate for information on visa and immunization requirements.
- You must have travel insurance to participate in the program. Plans are available through Travel Guard that can provide you with coverage for unexpected medical expenses, lost luggage and missed flights on your trip.
- Airport transfers through San Diego are included in your initial program price.